New Registrations and Renewals: Season 2021-22
For all new registration and renewal information, please read the information noted below.
If you require further assistance or clarification, please contact the Nippers Registrar, Julie firstname.lastname@example.org (please note; this email will be checked weekly during May, June and July).
NEW REGISTRATIONS for Season 2021-22: Nipper Juniors
All going well with COVID-19 restrictions, we will be opening up again for new families to join Clovelly Nippers.
If you are COMPLETELY NEW to Clovelly Nippers OR you have a NEW sibling wishing to join Clovelly Nippers, please complete the following Expression of Interest (EoI) e-form.
NB: there is a waiting list for Clovelly Nippers so please complete this e-form ASAP. The deadline for submitting this form is Friday, 20 August 2021. Completing this form will register your EoI to join Clovelly Nippers. Please note that Clovelly Nippers is by invitation only, and we will contact you during August 2021 if your application has been successful.
Please check this page regularly for updated information.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU REFER TO Clovelly Nippers Age Groups webpage for details of the specific age groups which are strictly adhered to.
Clovelly Nippers Junior Program is limited in numbers due to our beach size and safety precautions. Please be mindful that Clovelly Nippers is a popular club and already has a waiting list.
RENEWALS for Season 2021-22
Renewals of RETURNING Nippers for Season 2021-22 ==> do NOT complete the NEW REGISTRATIONS EoI e-FORM !!!
Renewals for returning Nippers will be open from Sunday, 01 August 2021, and are to be completed via the SLSA Members Portal by no later than Sunday, 22 August 2021 – Link to SLSA Members Portal
- New registration for completely new families to Clovelly Nippers: COMPLETE THIS FORM – NN EoI e-form
- New registration for new sibling(s) of existing nippers: COMPLETE THIS FORM – NN EoI e-form
- New registration of immediate family of CSLSC Senior Member: COMPLETE THIS FORM – NN EoI e-form
In accordance with Club Policy, acceptance to Clovelly Nippers is prioritised on the following terms:-
- Nipper applying has a current registered immediate family member of Clovelly SLSC (parent/grandparent)
- Parent(s) of Nipper applying has current Bronze/SRC qualified and will commit to offer as a volunteer during Nippers’ Sessions
- Parent(s) of Nipper applying will volunteer to be an Age Manager for an Age Group that requires assistance – must be Bronze Qualified
- Parent(s) of Nipper applying will volunteer for Administration duties – various roles required
- Parent(s) of Nipper applying commits to enrol in SRC and/or Bronze Medallion course offered during the season and will become and active volunteer
If you do not wish to renew for Season 2021-22, please advise the Registrar; email@example.com.
FEES for Season 2021-22
Clovelly Nippers Fees will be determined and advised ASAP.
Fees are non-refundable.
Active Kids vouchers are available to use. Click here for instructions.
HOW to RENEW your NIPPER(s) in AUGUST 2021
Renew via the SLSA Members’ Portal (click here). If you need assistance, please click here for RENEWAL INSTRUCTIONS. Please check the Proficiency webpage for key dates & requirements – click here for Proficiencies/Skills Evaluation.
Proficiency Requirements for Clovelly Nippers Season 2021-22
|Age Group||Date of Birth||Swim Distance & Time||Survival Float|
|Under 6||1 Oct 2015 – 30 Sep 2016||Not Required||Not Required|
|Under 7||1 Oct 2014 – 30 Sep 2015||Not Required||Not Required|
|Under 8||1 Oct 2013 – 30 Sep 2014||25 m swim (in less than 3 minutes)||1 minute|
|Under 9||1 Oct 2012 – 30 Sep 2013||100m swim (in less than 4mins 30secs)||1 minute|
|Under 10||1 Oct 2011 – 30 Sep 2012||150m swim (in less than 5 minutes)||1 min 30 secs|
|Under 11||1 Oct 2010 – 30 Sep 2011||200m swim (in less than 6 minutes)||2 minutes|
|Under 12||1 Oct 2009 – 30 Sep 2010||200m swim (in less than 5mins 30secs)||2 minutes|
|Under 13||1 Oct 2008 – 30 Sep 2009||200m swim (in less than 5 minutes)||3 minutes|
|Under 14||1 Oct 2007 – 30 Sep 2008||200m swim (in less than 5 minutes)||3 minutes|
|Above Swim can be completed in the Nipper's stroke of choice|
SEASON 2021-22 FEES (tba)
|Three of more Nippers||$tba|
|Compulsory Parent/Carer (General Member)||$tba|
|Compulsory Parent/Carer (Active/Patrolling Member)||$ 0|
|Additional Parent/Carer General Member||$tba|
Parent/Carer General Membership
It is compulsory for at least ONE Parent/Carer to register as a General Member. All Nipper Parents/Carers are strongly encouraged to become General Members of Clovelly SLSC for the following reasons:
- You can’t assist in activities unless you are registered.
- You won’t get as much fun out of Sundays unless you’re helping out.
- If you injure yourself at Nippers, you will be covered by insurance.
- You will be able to enjoy a refreshing drink on Sundays at the upstairs Tom Caddy Bar.
In accordance with our registration policy, membership is by invitation only. Please refer to “Registration Priorities” on this webpage. Once an invitation is received, new members must:
- Complete Online Registration and Online Payment.
- Provide Proof of Age Required (Original Australian Birth Certificate or Original Passport)
- Once Payment received, your child must pass the Preliminary Skills Evaluation
- If the child has not met the proficiency requirement by 18 October 2020 without an accepted extenuating reason (eg. sickness/injury) by Nippers’ Committee they will have their registration revoked and monies reimbursed.
- Parent/Carer involvement is integral to the Clovelly Nippers success. There needs to be ONE Water Safety Volunteer for every FIVE Nippers.
|NIPPERS KEY DATES: Season 2021-22*|
*Dates are subject to change - please always check TeamApp for the latest updates and communications
|Proficiency Evaluation 1:|
Des Renford Aquatic Centre Maroubra
Indoor heated pool.
U8 to U14 age groups.
See Team App for your start time.
12 Sept 2021
|Proficiency Evaluation 2:|
Clovelly Ocean Pool
(cold water, wetsuits permitted)
U8 to U14 age groups.
|1:00pm – 2:00pm, Sunday,
19 Sep 2021
|Uniform Shop open at Clovelly Surf Club for:|
U6-U7: 11am to 12noon
U8-U9: 12noon to 1pm
U10-U12: 1pm to 2pm
U13-U14: 2pm to 3pm
19 Sep 2021
12noon to 3pm
|NSW School Holidays: Term 3-4 Break||19 Sep – 03 Oct 21|
|Nippers Starts (Week 1)|
Uniform Shop open (8am - 10am)
17 Oct 2021
|Nippers Social Event||Friday,
05 Nov 2021
|Christmas/NY Break (No Nippers)||Sunday, 26 Dec 2021 -
Sunday 09 Jan 2022
|Nippers Season 2021-22 Resumes||Sunday,
16 Jan 2022
|Last Day Nippers / Presentation Day|
20 Mar 2022