Clovelly Nippers Registration 2017-2018 Season
If you have any queries, or if you would like to add your name to the Waitlist for Nippers Season 2017-18, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proficiency Requirements for Clovelly Nippers 2017-2018 Season
|Age Group||Date of Birth||Swim Distance & Time||Survival Float|
|Under 6||1 Oct 2011 – 30 Sep 2012||Not Required||Not Required|
|Under 7||1 Oct 2010 – 30 Sep 2011||Not Required||Not Required|
|Under 8||1 Oct 2009 – 30 Sep 2010||50m swim (in less than 3 minutes)||1 minute|
|Under 9||1 Oct 2008 – 30 Sep 2009||100m swim (in less than 4.5 minutes)||1 minute|
|Under 10||1 Oct 2007 – 30 Sep 2008||150m swim (in less than 5 minutes)||1.5 minutes|
|Under 11||1 Oct 2006 – 30 Sep 2007||200m swim (in less than 6 minutes)||2 minutes|
|Under 12||1 Oct 2005 – 30 Sep 2006||200m swim (in less than 5.5 minutes)||2 minutes|
|Under 13||1 Oct 2004 – 30 Sep 2005||200m swim (in less than 5 minutes)||3 minutes|
|Under 14||1 Oct 2003 – 30 Sep 2004||200m swim (in less than 5 minutes)||3 minutes|
NB: Proficiency Swim can be completed in the Nippers choice of stroke
In accordance with our registration policy, membership is by invitation and offered to New Nippers as followed:
- 1st priority: Family has a sibling already registered in an older age group at Clovelly Nippers.
- 2nd priority: Parent/Carer is a Senior Active, Active Reserve, Veteran or Long Service member of the Club.
- 3rd priority: Parent/Carer volunteers to assist in a role that is necessary for 2017-2018 season (eg. Assistant Registrar, Assistant Secretary, General Administration, Beach Set-Up, Carnival Official, Volunteer Coordinator, Bronze Medallion, SRC Water Safety training). Nippers could not operate without the support of Parent/Carers who volunteer each Sunday and behind the scene.
2017/18 SEASON FEES
|Three of more Nippers||$290|
|Compulsory Parent/Carer (General Member)||$20|
|Compulsory Parent/Carer (Active/Patrolling Member)||$0|
|Additional Parent/Carer General Member||$20|
Parent/Carer General Membership
All Nipper Parents/Carers are strongly encouraged to become General Members of Clovelly SLSC for the following reasons:
- You can’t assist in activities unless you are registered.
- You won’t get as much fun out of Sundays unless you’re helping out.
- If you injure yourself at Nippers, you will be covered by insurance.
- You will be able to enjoy a refreshing drink on Sundays at the upstairs Tom Caddy Bar.
It is compulsory for at least ONE Parent/Carer to register as a General Member and complete the Member Protection Form, but it’s so much more fun and safer if all Parents/Carers register!
In accordance with our registration policy, membership is by invitation only. Please refer to “Registration Priorities” on this webpage. Once an invitation received. New members must:
- Complete Online Registration and Online Payment.
- Provide Proof of Age Required (Original Australian Birth Certificate or Original Passport)
- Once Payment received, your child must pass the Preliminary Skills Evaluation
- If the child has not met the proficiencies by 15 October 2017 without an accepted extenuating reason (eg. sickness/injury) by Nippers’ Committee will have their registration revoked and monies reimbursed.
Parent/Carer involvement is integral to the Clovelly Nippers success. There needs to be ONE Water Safety Volunteer for every FIVE Nippers.
|NIPPERS KEY DATES 2017-18|
|Pool Swim Proficiency Evaluations||Sundays 10 and 17 Sept 2017|
|Nippers Starts (Week 1)||Sunday 15 Oct 2017|
|Nippers Social Event||Saturday 11 Nov 2017|
|Christmas/NY Break (No Nippers)||Sunday 24 Dec 2017 - 7 Jan 2018|
|Nippers 2018 Starts (Week 11)||Sunday 14 January 2018|
|Presentation Day||Sunday 26 Mar 2018|
REGISTRATION for Clovelly Nippers 2017-2018 Season.
New Nippers can request an Application Form by emailing email@example.com
Existing Nippers will be send a RENEWAL reminder email in mid-August.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any other queries.